Unlike in years past, today’s brides are NOT looking to have a ring just like their friends. The only common denominator is that everyone wants something “uniquely theirs”. This is not surprising in an age where we encourage the customizing of everything from sneakers to smart phones.
Custom designed engagement rings allow the groom to control the budget through the selection of materials and styles available and also helps keep the ring as unique as the love story behind it.
We have found these top 5 trends in engagement rings that are emerging today. Do these seem familiar among your friends?
1) Nature is a prevailing theme. Leaves accenting the sides or whole bands fashioned to look like tree limbs.
2) Twisting, intertwining and split shanks lend themselves to this nature theme and also shows a deviation from straight lines and modern angles.
3) Unique “halos” are showing up as well. The halo trend was set a few years ago, but now couples are combining shapes and setting styles to achieve a non-traditional halo look.
4) Mixed metals and metal colors. More and more the combination of gold and platinum and or rose gold and yellow gold in a ring is being optimized to help make the piece more original.
5) Brides and Grooms are opting to use colored gemstones such as blue sapphire or ruby in lieu of diamonds for the center and or accent stones in engagement rings.