I was recently speaking with a family that came into the store that had JUST moved to Great Falls. This experience (of recommending pediatricians, dentists, veterinarians etc) always reminds me that Great Falls is truly a unique and wonderful “snapshot” of how life used to be in small towns while still keeping up with the evolving “fast paced” metro area it is a member of.
Great Falls is more than just a suburb, it is community filled with traditions like the 4th of July Parade, Trick or Treating in the Village Centre and neighboring shopping center and the Tree Lighting and Petting Zoo that kicks off the Holiday Season. Couple this with the free Concerts on the Green on Sundays in summer and the Children’s Spring Festival and Egg Hunt in the Spring and you have something for every age. Great Falls is also a haven for artists that host a Studio Tour in October and a Farmers Market that is growing annually. If you don’t live here, it is definitely worth a day trip 😉
Come see why Great Falls is a Great Place!
Here is a link to 8 fun things to do if you visit:
Unlike in years past, today’s brides are NOT looking to have a ring just like their friends. The only common denominator is that everyone wants something “uniquely theirs”. This is not surprising in an age where we encourage the customizing of everything from sneakers to smart phones.
Custom designed engagement rings allow the groom to control the budget through the selection of materials and styles available and also helps keep the ring as unique as the love story behind it.
We have found these top 5 trends in engagement rings that are emerging today. Do these seem familiar among your friends?
1) Nature is a prevailing theme. Leaves accenting the sides or whole bands fashioned to look like tree limbs.
2) Twisting, intertwining and split shanks lend themselves to this nature theme and also shows a deviation from straight lines and modern angles.
3) Unique “halos” are showing up as well. The halo trend was set a few years ago, but now couples are combining shapes and setting styles to achieve a non-traditional halo look.
4) Mixed metals and metal colors. More and more the combination of gold and platinum and or rose gold and yellow gold in a ring is being optimized to help make the piece more original.
5) Brides and Grooms are opting to use colored gemstones such as blue sapphire or ruby in lieu of diamonds for the center and or accent stones in engagement rings.
“Would you like coffee, tea?”
“Cold water, sparkling water?”
“May I take your coat?”
“I would be happy to check the prongs on your rings and clean your jewelry while you wait.”
In today’s retail environment there are so many choices for purchases. In the luxury market, how much are the “extra’s “worth? Or are they expected…? Things like the extra service, the brick –and-mortar environment, the perks.
They are worth enough to keep the traditional, multigenerational brands in business. This is possibly due to an expected standard of quality and service that is understood between buyer and seller in these brands.
If a custom jeweler makes a ring for a client and the size needs to be modified for example, of course it will be done…at no charge.
And when Daylight Savings rolls around I suppose one should not be surprised when the “in box” has a notice from the auto dealership offering to change the clock in the car “at your convenience, if you just stop by”. It was a nice offer, this I can manage on my own
Finally, the 2016 Oscar trends were actually…no trend at all